OSG Technology Area Meeting, 15 May 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Mat, Suchandra, TimC, TimT
- This week: Carl
- Next week: Derek
- 6 (−1) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|4||0||Ready for Testing|
|0||−16||Ready for Release|
|Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|3.3.25||2017-05-30||2017-06-05||2017-06-13||5 week cycle|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- OSG 3.4 targeted for June, will revisit progress at Software Freeze
- 3.4.0 testing strategy: mostly automated testing with strategic manual testing, particularly with Globus-dependent software
- Edgar training new UCSD staff on OSG basics this week
- OU (Derek) - slurm gratia-probe not reporting for a few days. Then suddenly re-appeared. Going to take some slurm magic to figure it out. But it's working now.
OSG Release Team¶
- Suchandra Thapa is handling the June 13th release
- Development Release in two weeks
VO Package v73 - release tomorrow
3.3.25 Δ Both Δ 3.4.0 Δ Total Δ Status 20 +20 1 +1 11 +11 32 +32 Open 7 +7 0 +0 6 +6 13 +13 In Progress 1 +1 0 +0 0 +0 1 +1 Ready for Testing 0 +0 0 +0 0 +0 0 +0 Ready for Release 1 +1 0 +0 0 +0 1 +1 Closed 29 +29 1 +1 17 +17 47 +47 Total
- Ready for Testing
- Upcoming: HTCondor 8.6.3
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
Week 2 of StashCache focus. Investigations team is taking a week or 2 of intense effort towards packaging StashCache Authenticated Server.
- Setup GRACC-ITB instance - Ongoing
- Better monitoring for CVMFS StashCache
- StashCache documentation for admins of caches & origins https://opensciencegrid.github.io/StashCache/
- Improve docs even more through feedback from sites.
- Lots of StashCache authenticated packaging.