OSG Technology Area Meeting, 30 May 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianB, BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Mat, Suchandra, TimT, Vaibhav
- This week: Edgar
- Next week: Mat
- 9 (+3) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|6||+2||Ready for Testing|
|1||+1||Ready for Release|
|Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|3.3.25 / 3.4.0||2017-05-30||2017-06-05||2017-06-13||5 week cycle|
|3.3.26 / 3.4.1||2017-06-26||2017-07-03||2017-07-11||Independence Day|
|3.3.27 / 3.4.2||2017-07-24||2017-07-31||2017-08-08|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
|Developer||Tickets not RFT|
- Singularity build in EPEL testing looks good, we should be able to drop it from 3.4.0
- Bob Ball starting GUMS -> LCMAPS VOMS transition this week, Horst will start the edg-mkgridmap -> LCMAPS VOMS transition next week
- Globus Toolkit support ends Jan 2018
- Hosted CE GSISSH meeting today; Suchandra, BrianL, and possibly Jaime Frey will attend
- Suchandra had questions about running multiple CE services on a single host to limit IPv4 addresses. Will try IPv6 instead and coordinate with Edgar for Factory integration.
- MIT (BrianL) - Investigated open UDP ports for GridFTP: turned out to be an old version of GridFTP
- UFL (BrianL) - Assisted Bockjoo with Slurm timeout issues
- Purdue (Derek) - Assist in configuration of OSG_WN_TMP for their cluster.
- ALICE (Derek) - Alice VO had issues with submitting usage to GRACC. So far, seems like it's the probe.
- Fermilab (Suchandra) - disabling SSLv2/SSLv3 for BeStMan, BrianB to speak to them about transitioning them to another storage solution
OSG Release Team¶
- Tim Theisen is handling the June 13th release
- Development Freeze today
- Data Release Coming: IGTF Update, VO Package??
|1||+0||3||+0||2||+2||6||+2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||1||+1||0||+0||1||+1||Ready for Release|
Ready for Testing¶
- OSG 3.3.25
- Drop timeout_close.patch in globus-xio
- osg-update-vos: clean yum cache before downloading vo-client
- Change software.grid.iu.edu to repo.grid.iu.edu in osg-ca-scripts
- OSG 3.4.0
- Drop conflicts from cvmfs-config-osg
- Drop bestman2 and globus*run RSV metrics
- Update to HTCondor 8.6.3+ in Upcoming (labeled for both releases but in Upcoming)
Ready for Release¶
- OSG 3.3.25
- Update to rsv-perfsonar 1.3.1+
- OSG 3.4.0
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
Focused StashCache effort is over.
- Setup GRACC-ITB instance - Ongoing
- Better GRACC Alerting - Now alert on all the things!
- Better StashCache Cache Alerting - HTTP Accesses
- GRACC daemons no longer leak memory like it's their job
- Python tar file objects keep the metadata for every object added to the tar file, be sure to clear it!
- CVMFS syncing with Stash now works, increased time out.
- Packaging of GRACC Agent daemons in Docker
- Complete packaging of GRACC agents in docker.
- Help debug HTTP stalls on XrootD
- Improve StashCache docs even more through feedback from sites. (hopefully we get some)