OSG Technology Area Meeting, 19 June 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
- This week: TimT
- Next week: BrianL
- 8 (−1) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|3||−1||Ready for Testing|
|1||−41||Ready for Release|
|Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|3.4.1 / 3.3.26||2017-06-26||2017-07-03||2017-07-11||Independence Day|
|3.4.2 / 3.3.27||2017-07-24||2017-07-31||2017-08-08|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- Dev freeze next Monday
- Started transitioning hosted CEs to LCMAPS VOMS plugin last week
- RHEL VMU tests working for the time being even though our RHEL subscription ended. Erin rebuilt RHEL7 exec node, working on building RHEL7 VM image using Aaron's subscription
xrootd-cmstfc(contrib) fails to build for EL7, need help with CMake to place libs in
None this week
- CTSC (BrianL) - Provided rough size estimate of OSG CE packaging
- FIT (BrianL) - Assisting transition from GRAM to HTCondor-CE
- TAMU (BrianL) - SAM tests are still getting held with "Job not found"
- Syracuse (Derek) - Implemented GPU submission on their HTCondor-CE. Fermilab is creating an entry on the ITB GlideinWMS factories to utilize and test this new GPU capability. OSG will follow suite once singularity configuration is developed.
- UCSD (Derek) - Gave some assistance to job route configuration for GPUs.
- Nebraska (Derek) - Assisted in debugging missing hours in WLCG report. Turns out that removed jobs were not being accounted correctly. Also, Multi-CPU jobs and whole node jobs where not being accounted.
OSG Release Team¶
- Tim Theisen is handling the July 11th release
- Data Release Coming: IGTF Update, VO Package
|0||+0||3||+3||0||+0||3||+3||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
Ready for Testing¶
- Fix for CVMFS client failing to mount when very large groups exist
- Added ability to include arbitrary ClassAd attributes in Gratia records
- Added osg-configure-misc dependency to osg-gridftp
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
Lots of vacation from Investigations team this week. Not much to update.
- GRACC debugging of Underreported sites
- Debug Nova CVMFS repo, will need to redo repo with chunking.
- Blog post on StashCache: https://djw8605.github.io/2017/06/14/stashcache/ and on Planet OSG http://blogs.grid.iu.edu/
- Reprocess underreported sites and upload new APEL report to WLCG
- Docker'ification of GRACC Agents
- Packaging of CVMFS-Sync and configurations.
- Investigate backups of GRACC peripheral services