OSG Technology Area Meeting, 26 June 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Marian, Mat, Suchandra, TimC, Vaibhav
- TimT, Edgar out until next week
- Derek will be 50% OSG starting July 1, down from 75%
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Carl
- 8 (+0) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|6||+3||Ready for Testing|
|1||+0||Ready for Release|
|Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|3.4.1 / 3.3.26||2017-06-26||2017-07-03||2017-07-11||Independence Day|
|3.4.2 / 3.3.27||2017-07-24||2017-07-31||2017-08-08|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
Dev freeze today:
Owner # open tickets BrianL 3 Carl 2 Mat 2
Suchandra: How's the LCMAPS VOMS transition going?
- HTCondor-CE whole node accounting + memory request issues
- VMU tests: Erin investigating network issues with new RHEL VMs using the dev subscription. Dakota was brought up to speed on image generation/troubleshooting.
- ITB progress: New pool configs sprayed out for separated CM and an additional CE for testing pre-release
- Internal doc migration started and lives here (formerly https://github.com/brianhlin/technology/tree/internal_migration)
xrootd-cmstfc(contrib) fails to build for EL7, need help with CMake to place libs in
- RSV JIRA ticket incoming to fix querying
- Incoming Gratia probe changes for whole node accounting issues by Derek, Carl to review
- Hosted CE LCMAPS VOMS transition complete
- FIT (BrianL) - Jobs held, passed on troubleshooting doc
- TAMU (BrianL) - SAM tests are better with updates to their scheduler config. Jobs submitted to their backend condor are being held with "job not found"
- UNL (Derek) - Reprocessed Accounting records for whole node jobs. Pull request for HTCondor-CE (https://github.com/opensciencegrid/htcondor-ce/pull/151) and Gratia-Probes (https://github.com/opensciencegrid/gratia-probe/pull/18)
- Syracuse & UCSD (Derek) - GPU nodes are starting up. Small amount of support last week, but this week I expect production use to start, so possibly some user support.
OSG Release Team¶
- Tim Theisen is handling the July 11th release
|1||+1||6||+3||3||+3||10||+7||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
Ready for Testing¶
- Condor 8.6.4 and 8.7.2 in 3.4 and upcoming, respectively. Including af ix for HTCondor-CE-Bosco without certs
- blahp fix for multicore requests for SLURM batch systems
- New package,
gridftp-dsi-posix, to replace
- Fix for GridFTP startup to use the correct plugin configuration
- Fix for CVMFS client failing to mount when very large groups exist
- Added ability to include arbitrary ClassAd attributes in Gratia records
- Added osg-configure-misc dependency to osg-gridftp
- Fix for HDFS NameNode infinite loop
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
Lots of vacation from Investigations team this week. Not much to update.
- Reprocess underreported sites and upload new APEL report to WLCG
- Debug Nova CVMFS repo, will need to redo repo with chunking.
- Packaging of CVMFS-Sync and configurations. https://github.com/bbockelm/cvmfs-sync/pull/1
- Investigate backups of GRACC peripheral services
- Will need to redo nova repo with chunking.
- Docker'ification of GRACC Agents
- Start backups of grafana configurations (dashboards and datasources)