OSG Technology Area Meeting, 28 August 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Suchandra, TimC
- This week: Edgar
- Next week: Derek
- 9 (-3) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|14||+12||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
|Name||Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|September||3.4.3, 3.3.28||2017-08-28||2017-09-05||2017-09-12||5 week cycle|
|November||3.4.5, 3.3.30||2017-10-30||2017-11-06||2017-11-14||5 week cycle|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- Tickets not marked RFT
- 6 documents migrated and meeting-related pages archived last week:
- If you're short on time, pick shorter documents to migrate or archive the ones marked as such in the spreadsheet
- Derek has two students that are beginning to familiarize themselves with the migration process
- We have enough experience with the process that we can start focusing on high-priority Release3 documents
None this week
- Clemson (BrianL, Marian): expired WN CRLs and possibly an HTCondor IPv6 bug
- JINR (BrianL): CE jobs held ("Error parsing classad or job not found") due to missing
- Issues with BLAHP at some of the BOSCO-CE's. Mats and Derek are continueing to investigate. Some issue with a sub-directory of the Bosco sandbox not being populated with the X509 certificate.
OSG Release Team¶
- Suchandra Thapa is handling the September 12th release
- Development Freeze today!
- TimT may call upon software team members for testing assistance
|5||+5||6||+5||3||+3||14||+13||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
- GRACC-ITB moving forward
- Some GRACC support of a
slurm_meterissue, still debugging.
- Indexing Glidein Logs in GRACC's ES - Ongoing
- Backup Reports are now running every Monday (or, Sunday night, because GRACC node is in UTC time)
- First step of creating ES snapshots for backup up GRACC - Ongoing.
- GRACC backup of Dashboards
- Initiate backups of ES snapshots
- Start indexing GOC server status in GRACC ES
- Work no Glidein logs in ES
- Fix naming issues in GRACC related to explosion of "Fake" sites in records.
XRootD developers have moved to a release model where they seek explicit sign-off from stakeholders