OSG Technology Area Meeting, 5 September 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: Edgar, Derek, Tim C, Tim T, Carl, Suchandra
- This week: Derek
- Next week: Brian Lin
- 9 (+0) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|21||+7||Ready for Testing|
|1||+1||Ready for Release|
|Name||Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|September||3.4.3, 3.3.28||2017-08-28||2017-09-05||2017-09-12||5 week cycle|
|November||3.4.5, 3.3.30||2017-10-30||2017-11-06||2017-11-14||5 week cycle|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- Tickets not marked RFT
New 8.7 Condor build might have to be punted to October. We might still release a new 8.6 this month -- have to look at OSG's demands to see if it's worth releasing.
Some issues with Florida -- Derek to investigate.
OSG Release Team¶
- Suchandra Thapa is handling the September 12th release
- Package Freeze today!
- TimT may call upon software team members for testing assistance
|7||+2||10||+4||4||+1||21||+7||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||1||+1||0||+0||1||+1||Ready for Release|
Will need extra help for testing. Nebraska will help test the Globus update for 3.4, but need a 3.3 site to test the 3.3 updates -- should contact osg-sites.
Suchandra may test gridftp-hdfs but Matyas still needs to debug & promote.
OSG Investigations Team¶
- GRACC backup of Dashboards
- Initiate backups of ES snapshots
- Start indexing GOC server status in GRACC ES
- Work no Glidein logs in ES
- Fix naming issues in GRACC related to explosion of "Fake" sites in records.
- Some corruption in GRACC
- Testing GRACC update
- Stashcache XRootD update going smoothly
- Some minor issues at Syracuse