OSG Technology Area Meeting, 11 September 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Mat, TimC, TimT
WiFi issues at UW-Madison today so availability may be spotty
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Suchandra
- 10 (+1) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|6||-15||Ready for Testing|
|20||+19||Ready for Release|
|Name||Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|September||3.4.3, 3.3.28||2017-08-28||2017-09-05||2017-09-12||5 week cycle|
|November||3.4.5, 3.3.30||2017-10-30||2017-11-06||2017-11-14||5 week cycle|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- Tickets not marked RFT
- Carl has written a doc migration/archival wrapper for Software
- There were concerns about pandoc hanging so it's not yet foolproof as an area mass migration tool
- Carl will work on robustness so that other areas can benefit
- Derek to speak to his two students this week about their progress with migrating docs
- HTCondor 8.6.6 pre-release is installed on an ITB CE and some worker nodes
- BrianL will contact factory ops to add Madison ITB entries to the ITB factory
None this week
- Baylor (BrianL): Fixed issues with edg-mkgridmap -> LCMAPS VOMS transition due to an old version of HTCondor-CE. Docs to be updated.
- Clemson (BrianL): Blahp using too much CPU and segfaulting - need to talk to Jaime
OSG Release Team¶
- Tim Theisen is handling the September 12th release
- Release tomorrow???
|3||-4||3||-7||0||-2||6||-15||Ready for Testing|
|5||+5||11||+10||4||+4||20||+19||Ready for Release|
Tickets needing attention
OSG Investigations Team¶
- Some GRACC support of a
slurm_meterissue, still debugging.
- Indexing Glidein Logs in GRACC's ES - Ongoing. We now have worker node hostnames!
- First step of creating ES snapshots for backup up GRACC - Ongoing.
- Fixed explosion of "Fake" sites in records. Also fixed incorrect user VOs
- Initiate backups of ES snapshots
- GRACC-ITB work
- Start indexing GOC server status in GRACC ES
None this week