OSG Technology Area Meeting, 23 October 2017¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923, PIN: 735 282 244; https://nebraskaextension.zoom.us/j/735282244
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Mat, Suchandra, TimC, TimT
Derek will be giving a short talk about querying pilot logs in Elasticsearch
- This week: Edgar
- Next week: Mat
- 9 (+0) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|10||+6||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
|Name||Version||Development Freeze||Package Freeze||Release||Notes|
|November||3.4.5, 3.3.30||2017-10-30||2017-11-06||2017-11-14||5 week cycle|
Notes: Additional “urgent” releases may be scheduled for the 4th Tuesday of each month. The Testing date is when acceptance testing will be scheduled for releasable packages; if a package is added after this date, it may not be possible to schedule adequate testing time, thereby forcing it into the next release.
OSG Software Team¶
- Documentation migration complete!
- November release development freeze - 10/30
None this week
- CTSC (BrianL) - Worked locally with student to set up test CE for testing the blahp
- JINR (BrianL) - blahp failures due to issue with ASCII chars, finally got a stacktrace
- LBNL (BrianL) - issues with the blahp may have been due to misconfiguration
- Taiwan (BrianL) - idle jobs on CE, likely a basic configuration issue
- UCSD (BrianL) - helped Terrence troubleshoot condor not starting after issues with a full disk (resolved by restarting and waiting)
- GLOW (Edgar & Derek) - Helping figure out why GLOW is not running as much as OSG. (mostly edgar)
- CMS (Derek) - Installation of StashCache at NERSC for CMS data.
OSG Release Team¶
- Suchandra Thapa will handle the November 14th release
|1||+1||7||+3||2||+2||10||+6||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Update osg-system profiler
- globus-gridftp-server-control 6.0
- lcmaps-plugins-voms manpage and docs w/ all-fqans/first-fqun options
- Drop SOFTWARE-1853 patch from globus-ftp-client
- osg-configure 2.2.2
- tweak comments in 10-misc.ini
- osg-configure 1.10.2
- Flexible release model being announced. November release follows the existing process
- Miron wants to have documentation updates as part of the release process
- Will be working on a mechanism to accomplish this
- TimC suggested looking at the overall documentation updates
- Engage the end users of the documentation
- Respond quickly to tickets filed by the end users
OSG Investigations Team¶
- More work on writable stashcache. Began working with user support for testing.
- Installed CMS data cache at NERSC in userspace. Will cache CMS data destined at NERSC.
- Review papers for OSG Bioinformatic workshop.
- XRootD v4.7.1-rc2 packaging for StashCache testing
- Finalizing GRACC changes
- GRACC-reporting tweaks
- fully automated ES backups
- Draft GRACC SLA proposal
- Writable StashCache. Enabling access for initial testers.
- finalize XRootD v4.7.1-rc2 packaging and deploy at Nebraska
During the production call, David from CMS has mentioned a potential issue with GRACC hours for some CMS sites