Configuring a submit host to flock to OSG¶
If you have a HTCondor submit node on your campus, it can be configured to spill over onto available resources on the Open Science Grid. In HTCondor terms this is called flocking
If you are interested in this solution, please open a new ticket with the hostname.
The requirements are:
- A public IP address, forward and reverse DNS.
- Ability to open a few firewall incoming ports to the WAN.
- HTCondor has to authenticate via pool GSI (preffered) or password. For GSI, the submit host has to have a host certificate.
- Reporting to the OSG accounting system has to be enabled. This can be accomplished by installing and configuring the gratia-probe-condor and gratia-probe-glideinwms RPMs.
- Submitted jobs should have the +ProjectName attribute specified with a valid registered project name.
Enable the OSG Yum repository.
Install the packages required:
[email protected] # yum install osg-flock
Gratia Probe Configuration¶
Copy over the recommended probe configuration:
[email protected] # cp /etc/gratia/condor/Probeconfig-flocking /etc/gratia/condor/Probeconfig
Fill in the values for
SiteNamewith the hostname and Topology resource name, respectively. For example:
Please remember to enable and start the probe:
[email protected] # systemctl enable gratia-probes-cron [email protected] # systemctl start gratia-probes-cron
GSI: Requesting a Host Certificate¶
A host certificate is used for authenticating your submit host to the OSG infrastructure. If you do not already have a certificate, you can request one using these instructions
Optional Pool Password: HTCondor Configuration¶
This section is optional and should be only considered if the local admin cannot obtain
a host certificate for their submit host. To enable pool password authentication place a file here:
/etc/condor/config.d/90-flock-pool-password.conf with the following contents.
#-- Flock to the OSG using pool password SEC_PASSWORD_FILE = /etc/condor/pool_password SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,PASSWORD
OSG will only run jobs tagged with a valid ProjectName - this is the main attribute used for accounting. Please open at ticket to register a new project. Jobs should specify which project to be accounted against by adding the +ProjectName attribute. Note that the value is a string and hence the double quotes are required. For example:
+ProjectName = "Some_Name_Here"
If you need help with setup or troubleshooting, see our help procedure.