Register Now for OSG's Site Admin Office Hours
We will be hosting our first Site Admin Office Hours, Tuesday January 25 from 2-5 PM ET offered by the Partnership to Advance Throughput Computing (PATh). The office hours provide an opportunity for any system administrator to work with the OSG Software and Operations teams on pressing site configuration or troubleshooting issues. All site admins or site representatives sharing resources using OSG services or running an Access Point are encouraged to attend.
OSG All-Hands Meeting 2022
Save the date for the OSG All-Hands Meeting 2022 to be held March 14-18 at the University of Oklahoma (OU) in Norman and virtually. We are planning a hybrid event. If you register for and travel to the University of Oklahoma (OU) in Norman for the in-person components, you can mingle with colleagues, have planned or ad hoc meetings, attend workshops or training events, and join hack-a-thons. In addition, everyone can enjoy the same kind of presentations and discussions as in the past 2 years, whether in-person or online.
2021 NSF Cybersecurity Summit Workshop on Token-Based Authentication and Authorization
The 2021 NSF Cybersecurity Summit Workshop on Token-Based Authentication and Authorization (WoTBAn&Az 2021) will be held online from 10am to 2pm Eastern Time on Monday, October 18, co-located with the 2021 NSF Cybersecurity Summit. Summit registration will be required to attend the workshop. Please register now, there is no registration fee.
European HTCondor Workshop Sept 20 - 24
HTCondor Workshop will be held from Monday 20 September to Friday 24 September 2021
- The workshop will be an excellent occasion for learning from the sources (the developers!) about HTCondor, exchanging with your colleagues about experiences and plans, and providing your feedback to the experts. The HTCondor Compute Element (CE) will be covered as well. Participation is open to all organisations (including companies) and persons interested inHTCondor (and by no means restricted to particle physics and/or academia!) If you know potentially interested persons, don’t hesitate to make them aware of this opportunity.
NSF CC Star PI Workshop
The 2021 Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CC*) Workshop Events will be held September 14-15 & 21-22, 2021.
- The 2021 Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CC*) Workshop builds upon the success of the previous CC* Workshops providing an opportunity for recipients of all active NSF CC* awards to engage with one another, exchange project findings, interact with national cyberinfrastructure experts and collaborate across project areas and project regions. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 PI workshop will be conducted virtually.
OSG Virtual School 2021
For the first time, the OSG Virtual School 2021 will open its core lectures live to the public!
The OSG User School is a premier training program for researchers, facilitators, and others who are interested in learning more about how to use High Throughput Computing to advance research. The application deadline to participate fully has passed, but this year the OSG is inviting the public to attend daily lectures and demonstrations during the School’s first week.
The public lectures are excellent learning opportunities for students and researchers who could not be full participants of the School. The sessions are also well suited for those interested in learning more about High Throughput Computing, OSG, HTCondor, or leveraging any of these in their computing research.
- The main concepts of High Throughput Computing (HTC)
- The basics of using HTCondor
- Getting started on OSG, a national distributed HTC infrastructure for Open Science
- How to prepare software for use in HTC systems
- Handling data (input and output) in HTC systems
We plan to continue running the OSG User School every year! In a typical (non-pandemic) year, we accept applications during the month of March. So please keep an eye out for future offerings. (Applications for 2021 are closed.)
Token Transition Workshop
Join us and the broader science communities to learn about making the transition from certificates to tokens for resource access within your organization’s infrastructure.
Trusted CI Webinar
Join OSG’s own Brian Bockelman for a talk on the journey to a capability-based authorization, and the challenges and opportunities of changing trust models for a functioning infrastructure.