Skip to content

OSG Technology Area Meeting, 21 August 2018

Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363;
Attending: BrianL, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Suchandra


Triage Duty

  • This week: BrianL
  • Next week: Suchandra
  • 9 (+3) open tickets


# of tickets Δ State
130 +2 Open
16 -5 In Progress
1 -8 Ready for Testing
0 -2 Ready for Release

OSG Software Team

  • Update your Y7 effort numbers
  • The following hosts are uploading "Batch" (i.e. pilot) Gratia records and are not registered in the OSG topology
    • (Mats)
    • (Suchandra)
  • Doc focus remaining tickets:
    • Document topology deployment configuration and instructions (Derek)
    • Review the topology registration doc (BrianL)
    • Review HTCondor-CE submission doc (Suchandra)


Repeat security announcements were sent last week due to osg-notify being run on a misconfigured host. Documentation has been updated to clearly state these requirements and additional safeties are to be added to warn users of misconfigured hosts.

Support Update

  • Arizona State (BrianL, Suchandra): assisted with CE troubleshooting but we're blocked on reverse DNS issues so we spun up a hosted CE in the meantime
  • Topology support (BrianL, Carl, Mat): miscellaneous contact and topology updates
  • Hosted CEs (Suchandra): USF hosted CE up and running, New Mexico State should be up and running today
  • UConn (Edgar, Suchandra): glidein startds try to report using CCB but are delayed 5 min. Troubleshooting with the HTCondor team.
  • UNL (Marian): xrootd-lcmaps issue discovered, PR submitted, and we're waiting on a new build

OSG Release Team

  • OSG 3.4.17 went out last week without a hitch
  • Issues with glidein3 were due to an old HTCondor version and has been resolved


None this week

OSG Investigations Team

In Progress:

  • XRootD documentation and docker overhaul is ongoing. Organized in StashCache in collaboration with Slate and NRP (PRP) collegues.
  • Shepherding the xrootd plugins through the release process.
    • xrootd-TPC - contrib
    • xrootd-macaroons - contrib
    • xrootd-scitokens - release
    • x509-scitokens-issuer - contrib
  • Discussions with with Internet2 to place StashCache in connection points.
  • (Still ongoing) The repo server is going to move, once again. But there should be no noticable differences. If there is, then we failed.



  • rsync service on the repo hosts have been puppetized but still need to be added to checkmk. UNL admins to manually verify rsync functionality after the repo move.
  • Derek (AI): Update the condormapfile on collector2 to match collector1