OSG Technology Area Meeting, 21 August 2018¶
Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Suchandra
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Suchandra
- 9 (+3) open tickets
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|1||-8||Ready for Testing|
|0||-2||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Update your Y7 effort numbers
- The following hosts are uploading "Batch" (i.e. pilot) Gratia records and are not registered in the OSG topology
- aragon.cyverse.org (Mats)
- sugwg-scitokens.phy.syr.edu (Suchandra)
- Doc focus remaining tickets:
- Document topology deployment configuration and instructions (Derek)
- Review the topology registration doc (BrianL)
- Review HTCondor-CE submission doc (Suchandra)
Repeat security announcements were sent last week due to osg-notify being run on a misconfigured host. Documentation has been updated to clearly state these requirements and additional safeties are to be added to warn users of misconfigured hosts.
- Arizona State (BrianL, Suchandra): assisted with CE troubleshooting but we're blocked on reverse DNS issues so we spun up a hosted CE in the meantime
- Topology support (BrianL, Carl, Mat): miscellaneous contact and topology updates
- Hosted CEs (Suchandra): USF hosted CE up and running, New Mexico State should be up and running today
- UConn (Edgar, Suchandra): glidein startds try to report using CCB but are delayed 5 min. Troubleshooting with the HTCondor team.
- UNL (Marian): xrootd-lcmaps issue discovered, PR submitted, and we're waiting on a new build
OSG Release Team¶
- OSG 3.4.17 went out last week without a hitch
- Issues with glidein3 were due to an old HTCondor version and has been resolved
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
- XRootD documentation and docker overhaul is ongoing. Organized in StashCache in collaboration with Slate and NRP (PRP) collegues.
- Shepherding the xrootd plugins through the release process.
- xrootd-TPC - contrib
- xrootd-macaroons - contrib
- xrootd-scitokens - release
- x509-scitokens-issuer - contrib
- Discussions with with Internet2 to place StashCache in connection points.
- (Still ongoing) The repo server is going to move, once again. But there should be no noticable differences. If there is, then we failed.
- rsync service on the repo hosts have been puppetized but still need to be added to checkmk. UNL admins to manually verify rsync functionality after the repo move.
- Derek (AI): Update the condormapfile on collector2 to match collector1