Skip to content

OSG Technology Area Meeting, 27 August 2018

Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363;
Attending: BrianB, BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Marian, Marco Mambelli, Mat


  • 2018-09-03 meeting canceled (Labor Day)
  • TimT OOO until Thursday
  • Suchandra OOO until Wednesday afternoon

Triage Duty

  • This week: Mat
  • Next week: Suchandra
  • 5 (-4) open tickets


# of tickets Δ State
130 +0 Open
19 +3 In Progress
4 +3 Ready for Testing
0 +0 Ready for Release

OSG Software Team

  • AI (Suchandra, TimT): Update your Y7 effort numbers
  • AI (Derek): is uploading pilot records is unregistered in the topology
  • A few submit hosts are uploading pilot records. Why? How does the Gratia probe decide what kind of record to upload?


  • AI (Carl, Edgar): Review the user support Gratia configuration
  • AI (Mat): request GlideinWMS 3.4.0 promotion so that Marco can test it

Support Update

  • Arizona State (BrianL, Suchandra): consistently running 240 pilots through their hosted CE. Reverse DNS still an issue for their own CE.
  • Cyverse (Mat) - aragon submit host topology registration
  • LIGO (Edgar) - performance diffs between reading lots of small files vs big files of the same total size. They are seeing 10x the number of read failures for the small files case
  • Harvard (BrianL): still having issues with multicore pilots and their CE
  • UC Davis (BrianL): mixed CE and backend HTCondor configuration. Documentation updated to clarify the difference between a CE and backend HTCondor.
  • UFL (BrianL, Edgar): xrootd-lcmaps still doesn't respect the –policy option

OSG Investigations Team

In Progress:

  • XRootD documentation and docker overhaul is ongoing. Organized in StashCache in collaboration with Slate and NRP (PRP) collegues.
  • Shepherding the xrootd plugins through the release process.
    • xrootd-TPC - contrib
    • xrootd-macaroons - contrib
    • xrootd-scitokens - release
    • x509-scitokens-issuer - contrib
  • Discussions with with Internet2 to place StashCache in connection points. Waiting on GeoIP issues to be worked out.
  • (Still ongoing) The repo server is going to move, once again. But there should be no noticable differences. If there is, then we failed.
  • Topology-itb server certificate failed last week. Fixed by Mat, but underlying issue is that puppet is failing on topology-itb, or turned off.



  • rsync service on the repo hosts have been puppetized but still need to be added to checkmk. UNL admins to manually verify rsync functionality after the repo move.
  • AI (BrianL): Give BrianB a link to the XRootD use case doc