Skip to content

OSG Technology Area Meeting, 11 March 2019

Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Edgar, Mat, TimT

Announcements

  • HOW 2019 site admin training Thurs morning
  • Edgar will be attending the Singularity user group meeting Tue/Wed
  • Edgar won't be at the AHM

Triage Duty

  • This week: Carl
  • Next week: Edgar
  • 4 (-1) open tickets

JIRA

# of tickets Δ State
162 +3 Open
41 +4 In Progress
4 -6 Ready for Testing
0 -5 Ready for Release

OSG Software Team

  • 3.4.26
    • AI (Carl, Mat): Tag and build new osg-build
    • AI (Mat): Is XCache 1.0.2 ready?
    • GlideinWMS 3.4.4 and XRootD 4.9.1 expected this week
  • Update your koji configuration with osg-koji setup this week

Discussion

  • You can use the 'latest' branch from the osg-build GitHub repository if you'd like the latest released version of osg-build
  • Mat has tested stash-cache 1.0.2 but not the origin. We decided that we should not hold the tag and build back for extensive origin testing since there are so many tickets.
  • We don't believe we'll have to rebuild the various XRootD plugins for 4.9.1
  • Carl thinks he has a simple fix for Bockjoo's missing accounting records and will coordinate with Derek for applying it. We discussed that we should test this on a few records first before running it over the entirety of the folder
  • Carl contacted slurm-users about the supported Slurm versions but only got a sales pitch. Derek will get us the version that UNL uses and we will likely use the version that we test in the nightlies as a baseline.

Support Update

  • JLab (Edgar): Gratia probe was misconfigured so we haven't been getting records for a few months. Gratia was failing immediately so there's a good chance that the history files are still there and that we can fix the configuration and get all of the missing records.
  • StashCache (Edgar): the European StashCache is being overly utilized, users in Europe are being routed to NYC back to Amsterdam. Edgar will coordinate with Geant to try and get this fixed.
  • UFL (Carl, Derek): Missing January accounting records due to a Slurm update that broke our database queries. Bockjoo has a workaround that has temporarily solved this issue but we'd like to solve this more sustainably (SOFTWARE-1588).

OSG Release Team

3.4.25 Δ Status
0 -10 Open
0 -12 In Progress
0 -4 Ready for Testing
0 -5 Ready for Release
6 +5 Closed
6 -26 Total
  • OSG 3.4.25
    • Released
      • gsi-openssh
      • xrootd-lcmaps 1.7.0 (EL6 and EL7)
      • HTCondor 8.6.13-1.2
      • Koji 1.11.1
      • osg-tested-internal 3.4-7
      • Upcoming
        • HTCondor 8.8.1
3.4.26 Δ Status
11 +11 Open
17 +17 In Progress
4 +4 Ready for Testing
0 +0 Ready for Release
0 +0 Closed
32 +32 Total
  • OSG 3.4.25
    • Ready for Testing
      • Singalarity 3.1.0
      • Globus Packages using GCT
      • cctools 7.0.9
    • Ready for Release
      • Nothing
  • Data
    • Nothing
  • Operations
    • Nothing
  • Contrib
    • Nothing

Discussion

  • Edgar will test GlideinWMS when it arrives
  • Will release Singularity, cctools, most likely Globus pacakges this week
  • Need to start testing XCache software

OSG Investigations Team

  • New Perfsonar collectors.. almost done! Waiting 24 hours for green light to switch over to production!
  • Creating small script to create check_mk availability spreadsheet for OSG Ops. Now in development.
  • New SciTokens setup at osg-connect. Will be following up with the osg-connect ops and user support teams. Will need to coordinate with both. Created a project plan, but hit snag on the first step. The new glideins don't work, everything else is on hold.

Ongoing

Discussions