Skip to content

OSG Technology Area Meeting, 25 March 2019

Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin
Attending: BrianL, Derek, Marian, Mat, TimT

Announcements

  • HEPiX this week at UCSD
  • BrianL OOO 3/28 - 4/5 (ISGC Taiwan, vacation)
  • IRIS-HEP topical meeting about CDNs at 11:30am CDT

Triage Duty

  • This week: TimT
  • Next week: Mat
  • 4 (+0) open tickets

JIRA

# of tickets Δ State
170 +2 Open
28 -12 In Progress
16 +13 Ready for Testing
0 -0 Ready for Release

OSG Software Team

  • 3.4.27
    • AI (Mat): request promotion for XRootD pre-pre-release
    • AI (Mat): osg-build-1.14.2+ (SOFTWARE-3622)

Discussion

  • AI (Mat): Needs to look into osg-build test failures before tagging/building osg-build
  • AI (TimT): Kick off condor pre-release smoke tests while Carl is out
  • Marian will be at CERN next week

Support Update

  • Syracuse (Derek): Help with startup time of Syracuse. Eric's goal is to fill 30k cores in ~1hour. Is that possible? Will talk with factory ops.
  • GlueX (Derek): From Richard Jones' talk at HOW, https://indico.cern.ch/event/759388/contributions/3352640/. I got the 57 page notebook of problems he had. Will read through them to see if there are any actionable items for Bosco/HTCondor/Blahp

OSG Release Team

3.4.27 Δ Status
14 +14 Open
7 +7 In Progress
16 +16 Ready for Testing
0 +0 Ready for Release
0 +0 Closed
37 +37 Total
  • OSG 3.4.27
    • Ready for Testing
      • Globus Packages using GCT
      • koji 1.11.1-1.1
      • CVMFS 2.6.0
      • StashCache/XCache (13 tickets)
    • Ready for Release
      • Nothing
  • Data
    • IGTF 1.97
  • Operations
    • Nothing
  • Contrib
    • Nothing
3.4.26 Δ Status
0 -11 Open
0 -17 In Progress
0 -4 Ready for Testing
0 +0 Ready for Release
4 +4 Closed
4 -28 Total
  • OSG 3.4.25
    • Released
      • Singalarity 3.1.0
      • cctools 7.0.9
      • osg-pki-tools 3.1.0
      • Pegasus 4.9.1

Discussion

  • AI (TimT): Reach out to users to find MyProxy testers
  • AI (TimT): Assign UNL to test the new version of XCache
  • AI (TimT): Determine the number of times we've promoted packages to testing to see if we need a new mailing list for the community testing announcements

OSG Investigations Team

  • PerfSonar collectors = DONE
  • Lots of GRACC questions at HOW, will likely take development
  • Moving forward with new SciTokens setup at OSG-Connect. Need to coordinate switchover.
  • What would it take to run HTCondor-CE gratia probe on a slurm cluster? Will start investigating with Nebraska.
  • StashCache paper accepted to PEARC, will likely disappear into a bunker to write.
  • Lots of good press about StashCache / Xcache at HOW. Want to build off of that.
  • Investigating check_mk probe that will check the status of hosted-ce's.

Ongoing

Discussions

None this week