Skip to content

OSG Technology Area Meeting, 24 June 2019

Coordinates: Conference: 719-284-5267, PIN: 57363; https://www.uberconference.com/osgblin Attending: Marian, TimT, Diego, Mat, Carl, Derek, Marco Mambelli

Announcements

BrianL at NYU this week, and vacation the following week. Returning July 5.

Triage Duty

  • This week: Carl
  • Next week: TimT
  • 5 (+1) open FreshDesk tickets
  • 1 (+0) open GGUS ticket

JIRA

# of tickets Δ State
154 -1 Open
28 -1 In Progress
8 +3 Ready for Testing
0 0 Ready for Release

OSG Software Team

  • Hosted-CE:
    • Initial script for managing WN software/data from the CE host in the Operation team's hands
    • AI (Mat): Make release of osg-configure
  • Blahp unification (Carl): Changed direction: building standalone instead of external; builds now, want to add a few changes (like reverting to old config file paths). TimT: that works along with Condor's new strategy of not using externals and always using proper builds.
  • AI (Mat): Mat verified /icecube accessible via stashcp, cvmfs; waiting on Benedikt to try it out
  • Madison ITB fixed (was broken due to a pool password misconfiguration)
  • Next doc focus July 25 (1:30-5:30pm CDT)

Discussion

  • osg-notify script updated to allow skipping DNS check; Diego tested
  • glideinwms 3.5 needs to get promoted to testing

Support Update

  • Need to discuss with CalTech and CMS their desire to set up a new SC origin
  • Bockjoo running into issues with Slurm probe w/ Slurm v19; he made a tweak to the SQL so that it worked for him. Maybe we can merge his change. In the long run, want people to use the HTCondor-CE probe only
  • Waiting for Patrick from SWT2 to test Slurm probe w/ fix for v18
  • Need to fix WI submit host to report GLOW usage

OSG Release Team

3.4.32 Δ Status
11 +3 Open
8 -2 In Progress
6 +2 Ready for Testing
0 +0 Ready for Release
25 +3 Total
  • OSG 3.4.32
    • Ready for Testing
      • gratia-probe 1.20.9
      • cctools 7.0.14
      • cvmfs-x509-helper 2.0
      • scitokens-cpp
    • Ready for Release
      • Nothing
  • Data
    • IGTF 1.101
  • Operations
    • Nothing
  • Contrib
    • Nothing

Discussions

None this week

OSG Investigations Team

  • Accounting audit is complete with Fred. Report sent out to Operations team, will send further along as needed.
  • DONE: Adapting LIGO style cvmfs + singularity. Deployed and working.
  • cvmfs-authz-helper (cvmfs-x509-helper) - Derek ran out of time to tag / build.
  • XRootD Workshop went well. Not many questions…
  • SAND meeting this week. I’m sure there will be action items from this.
  • SLURM Gratia probe replacement has become urgent, will be done this week.
  • GRACC accounting taskforce - Tasking!!!

Backburner

  • Working with operations investigating OAuth with co-manage. Waiting on co-manage (Wisconsin?!?!)

Future

Ongoing

Discussions

None this week