OSG Technology Area Meeting, 24 August 2020¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1 312-626-6799, PIN: 718 161 330, https://cern.zoom.us/j/718161330 (password sent separately)
Attending: Brian L, Carl, Derek, Diego, Edgar, Marco Mambelli, Mat, Tim T
- OSG All Hands Aug 31 - Sep 4
- Technology section: 1:30-3pm CDT Wed session 2, Sep 2
- Edgar giving StashCache talk, BrianB giving overview talk
- Register ASAP! https://opensciencegrid.org/all-hands/2020/registration/
- This week: BrianL
- Next week: Carl
- 7 (-1) open FreshDesk tickets
- 1 (+0) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|7||+6||Selected for Dev|
|32||+12||Ready for Testing|
|2||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Next doc focus Sep 17 13:30 - 17:30 CDT
- Register with the OSG COManage: https://opensciencegrid.org/register
- Tech team priorities this week: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&quickFilter=66
- AI (Diego): Continue to build and scitokens packages for EL8. Contact Jason Patton for software help.
- AI (Edgar): Build scitokens-issuer for EL8; Derek to merge pull request and make a new release.
- AI (Edgar): Build osg-gridftp for EL8 since osg-xrootd-standalone is blocked by osg-configure.
JLab (BrianL): Walked the admin through setting up an Origin container. Topology registration is done; Derek will work on CVMFS. JLab will have their own CVMFS endpoint at jlab.opensciencegrid.org, with per-experiment directories.
- Takeaway: we really need to improve the container so that it's easier to test before Topology registration. Our current policy is to require registration before installing the software; we will revisit the policy.
Vanderbilt (BrianL): Pilots being killed by the CE after 8 hours (shortly after a proxy renewal). Investigating with the HTCondor team.
Edgar: Working on giving UC-Irvine a hosted CE on SLATE. Also planning to set up a hosted CE for EXPANSE, but needs to do it without SLATE.
- Martin Kandes has complained about the install instructions for the worker node client. Brian L would like additional information; for a hosted CE, the site admin shouldn't have to install worker node client.
Marco Mambelli: Planning to release glideinWMS 3.6.3; there is a known issue with a missing dependency in the spec file, which will be fixed in the next release.
- glideinWMS 3.7.1-rc1 has been released.
Tim T: Built Bosco tarballs for EL8 per Ops request for Clemson.
OSG Release Team¶
|0||+0||0||+0||2||+2||2||+2||Selected for Development|
|0||+0||0||+0||16||+2||16||+2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||1||+1||5||+4||5||+4||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- XCache 1.5.2
- xrootd-scitokens 1.2.2
- Bunch of EL8 stuff
- tcmalloc in OSG XCaches
- xrootd-lcmaps 1.7.8: OpenSSL 1.1.1 support
- XRootD plugins - version matching
- Upcoming: HTCondor 8.9.8
- Upcoming: XRootD 5.0.1
- Ready for Release
- oidc-agent 3.3.3
- HTCondor 8.8.10
- blahp 1.18.47
- Ready for Testing
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
- (No-progress) CVMFS Singularity Sync is going to start using singularity to create the containers. Working on testing, see github discussion:
- More feedback from interested parties and they seem to be happy. Will provide feedback when Derek is back from vacation.
- StashCP Go implementation is ongoing.
- Proactive site monitoring is progressing nicely. Presented last week at Ops, good feedback!
- UNL's production cache is 5.0.1, with SciTokens enabled.
Tim T discovered that the HTCondor Campus Factory subpackage is broken; was wondering what it was, and if it was still in use, or required for BOSCO.
Derek (original author) said it was a way for campuses to set up a mini-Glidein Factory. bosco_cluster has callouts to it but they can be removed with minimal effort.