OSG Technology Area Meeting, 15 June 2021¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: Brian L, Carl, Derek, Marco, Marian, Mat
- TimT OOO June 14-18
- CHTC team OOO Thu Jun 17
- BrianL OOO Fri and Mon
- Mat OOO Fri afternoon
- This week: Carl
- Next week: BrianL
- 9 (-2) open FreshDesk tickets
- 1 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|21||+0||Selected for Dev|
|9||+1||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Kubernetes Hackathon today: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=34
- AI (BrianL): Add new EIC VO DN (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4666)
- AI (Mat): Build empty-condor package
- AI (Mat): XRootD for EL8 for OSG 3.5
- AI (Mat): xrootd-multiuser 1.1.0
- AI (Carl): Fix default HTCondor-CE ProbeConfig default dirs (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4621)
- AI (Carl): Ensure that Gratia accounts for SciTokens-based pilots (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4615)
- GlideinWMS 3.7 release expected later this month.
- Dennis is reviewing a PR for the frontend to increase admin control over SciToken generation (https://github.com/glideinWMS/glideinwms/pull/52)
- SIUE/Lehigh (Carl): provided instructions for restoring missing pilot data
- OzStar (Derek, Marian): Cert was communicated incorrectly, and osg-xrootd-standalone was conflicting with the stash cache auth. (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4668)
- GRACC ITB Collector k8s on Tiger Jira
- XRootD Multiuser: 1.1.0 is tagged: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4658
- StashCP go client is working and tested, and being tested by Christina now. Need to talk to Mats on packaging and releasing.
- Blueprint meeting for xrootd-monitoring identified a new service to be written. The xrootd-shoveler is currently being written up in a design document.
Added new wait time metrics: https://github.com/path-cc/metric-tools/pull/26
(Stalled, but need to get back to it) XRootD accounting information (from Frank):
- May need help with automating the process of generating these reports. A month only takes a few minutes. Longer periods take much longer.
- Table of working set, read, and re-read for monthly, quarterly, and year.
None this week