OSG Technology Area Meeting, 29 June 2021¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: Brian, Carl, Marian, Mat, Tim T
Carl OOO July 2-7
- This week: Carl
- Next week: BrianL
- 6 (-3) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|19||-2||Selected for Dev|
|12||+3||Ready for Testing|
|0||-1||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Kubernetes Hackathon this afternoon. Prioritize working on fallout from the recent outage, otherwise see tasks on https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=34
- Tim makeup doc focus
- AI (Mat): XRootD for EL8 for OSG 3.5. What's left?
- AI (Mat): xrootd-multiuser 1.1.0
- AI (Carl): Fix default HTCondor-CE ProbeConfig default dirs (https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4621)
- ATLAS and CMS have tested IAM vo-client updates; Brian L will mail CERN folks to ask if they're ready for the transition
- XRootD 5.2 for OSG 3.5 has already been released
- xrootd-multiuser 1.1.0 in the 3.5 upcoming-testing repos; we're asking Justas from Caltech to test
- XRootD 5.3.0rc1 release candidate in the 3.5 upcoming-testing repos; Horst at OU was the most affected by bugs in previous versions so he is a good testing candidate
- AI (Mat): Create automated Koji user for doing CI builds
- MWT2 (BrianL): merged in .rpmsave containing a config fix for held job pile-up due to `SYSTEMPERIODIC` expressions fighting
- Lehigh (Derek): (DONE) Removed extranous records
- GLOW (Derek): Submitted GRACC records with start date in 2008. Caused by node coming up after power outage with date set to 2008, so jobs will have "started" in 2008, and run until now, resulting in huge walltimes. Will remove.
- KSU (Derek): Likely IDS blocking access to data for JLAB jobs running at KSU. Not sure how to solve other than have JLAB blacklist KSU.
- XRootD Multiuser: 1.1.0 is tagged: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/SOFTWARE-4658 (in testing below)
- StashCP go client is working and tested, and being tested by Christina now. Need to talk to Mats on packaging and releasing. (will follow up)
- Debugging of gracc nodes after tiger update resulted in restarting a few pods, and 1 typo discovered.
- Design document is done and is being distributed for xrootd monitoring collector NG (next gen). Shoveler development has begun!
XRootD TCP plugin is ready for packaging. Derek will follow up with software team on who to hand that off to.
(Stalled, but need to get back to it) XRootD accounting information (from Frank):
- May need help with automating the process of generating these reports. A month only takes a few minutes. Longer periods take much longer.
- Table of working set, read, and re-read for monthly, quarterly, and year.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
|2||+0||4||+0||1||+0||7||+0||Selected for Development|
|5||+0||2||-2||2||+0||9||-2||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- vault 1.7.3, htvault-config 1.2
- frontier-squid 4.15-2.1 (no log rotation if log compression disabled)
- OSG 3.5
- XRootD 4.12.6-1.1 in EL8
- osg-flock in EL8
- gfal2 in EL8
- OSG 3.5-upcoming
- xrootd-multiuser 1.1.0
- XCache 2.0.1 (Python 3 conversion)
- OSG 3.6-upcoming
- HTCondor 9.1.0-1.2
- Ready for Release
- Nothing Yet
- Ready for Testing
- Release this week
- Push out HTCondor 9.1.0 into EL6 with minimal testing