Meals and Food During the School¶
All catered, group meals that the School provides will include vegan and vegetarian options. If you indicated other dietary needs in the survey, we will address those on a case-by-case basis as well.
On Sunday evening, there will be a welcome dinner at 6:30 p.m. (details announced later). Someone from the School will be in the lobby of the Best Western hotel in advance. Then, about 25 minutes before the start of dinner, the entire group will walk together to the dinner location. Or you can travel to the location on your own.
On Friday evening, there will be a closing dinner at 6:30 p.m. (details announced later).
The School pays for your meals during the School.
First, we provide the following meals directly:
- Breakfasts on Monday through Friday — held in Computer Sciences Room 1240, the same room as the school sessions
- Lunches on Monday through Friday — held in or near the lecture hall
- The group dinners described above
For dinners Monday through Thursday, if you are coming from out of town, we can reimburse you after the School. In that case:
- Keep receipts for your dinners – if anything so that you remember how much meals cost!
- We can reimburse up to $27.00, including tax and tip
- If it is not on the receipt, be sure to write your tip amount yourself, so you do not forget
- We cannot pay for any alcohol, but non-alcoholic drinks are OK — so pay for any alcohol on a separate bill
- We will explain the reimbursement process at the end of the School
Again, if you live in or near Madison and are part of the UW–Madison community, by University rules we cannot pay for your own dinners during the School.