Below is a preliminary, high-level schedule for the OSG Virtual School 2021. Changes are likely before the event, and a more detailed schedule will be published. However, the basic plan will not change much.
Week 1: August 2–6¶
- Monday: Lecture on a conceptual overview and School logistics; initial mentor meetings
- Tuesday: Lecture and demonstrations of HTCondor basics; work time
- Wednesday: Lecture and demonstrations of OSG basics; work time
- Thursday: Lecture and demonstrations on software portability; work time
- Friday: Lecture and demonstrations on data; work time
Week 2: August 9–13¶
- Monday: Mentor meetings; work time
- Tuesday: Special topics lectures; work time; mentor meetings
- Wednesday: Showcase (Other researchers using HTC); work time
- Thursday: Final consultations; work time
- Friday: Lightning talks and group wrap-up; final consultations
Lectures and demonstrations will be offered twice on the same day, so you can choose a convenient time.
Work times are for working on exercises and getting your research code running; staff will be available to help.
Mentor meetings are one-on-one meetings with your assigned mentor.