OSG Technology Area Meeting, 14 September 2020¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1 312-626-6799, PIN: 718 161 330, https://cern.zoom.us/j/718161330 (password sent separately)
Attending: Brian L, Derek, Diego, Edgar, Marco Mambelli, Mat, Tim T
- Next week's meeting canceled (HTCondor Week Europe)
- PATh grant has been awarded!
- This week: Mat
- Next week: Diego
- 8 (+1) open FreshDesk tickets
- 3 (+1) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|12||-4||Selected for Dev|
|23||+4||Ready for Testing|
|1||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- Doc focus Sep 17 13:30 - 17:30 CDT
- Tech team priorities this week: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19&quickFilter=66
UCSD team members (Edgar, Diego) will be moving to the GIL project, which is primarily involved in network and software performance testing; they will continue to provide OSG Software effort until the end of October.
- Build XRootD 5.0.2 rc1 for upcoming.
- Build python-scitokens.
- AI (Edgar):
- Release vo-client in time for this week's release.
- Review and merge documentation PR about prescribed xcache locations.
- Present Data Lake talk at WLCG meeting tomorrow.
- AI (Mat):
- Build osg-configure once Python 3 conversion PR is merged.
- Continue to work on OIDC auth for Topology.
- Write talks for HTCondor Week Europe.
Marco Mambelli: - Working on GWMS 3.7 release candidate and GWMS 3.6.4. - Troubleshooting condor_chirp issue with Marco Mascheroni.
- Georgia State (BrianL): investigated Hosted CE SSH issues (in progress)
- Georgia Tech (BrianL): assisted with their self-deployed SLATE Hosted CE with Lincoln + Judith
- Swinburne University (BrianL): setting up a new Hosted CE for them via the CHTC Tiger k8s cluster
- LHCb @ MIT (Derek): Usage is still not showing up. May be related first to EGI portal problems, which caused them to restart it, which caused it to not get the topology information because wrong URL.
- belle2 @ BNL (Derek): Not showing up as well, may be related to EGI portal and now topology problems.
- CalTech (Edgar): Working with Justas to help him set up xrootd-multiuser with checksums, but running into a bug in xrootd/xrootd-multiuser that gives the wrong checksums. Running into GWMS problems after upgrading the HTCondor central manager to 8.9; will debug with Marco.
- CMU (Mat): gfal-ls ticket given to Wei, but waiting on debug information; Mat will ping user.
- Cesga (Mat): script trying to contact Topology via the old iu.edu address. Mat will help them switch over to the current address.
OSG Release Team¶
|0||+0||0||+0||1||-1||1||-1||Selected for Development|
|0||+0||0||+0||7||-9||7||-9||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||0||-1||1||-4||1||-5||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- hosted-ce-tools 0.8-2
- stashcache-client 6.1.0
- XRootD 4.12.4
- CCTools 7.1.1
- EL8: Frontier Squid 4.12-2.1
- EL8: lcmaps 1.6.6
- Upcoming XRootD 5.0.1-1.4 (xrootd4 compat packages)
- Ready for Release
- CVMFS 2.7.4
- Ready for Testing
- VO Package v108
None this week
OSG Investigations Team¶
- CVMFS singularity building is now in production!
- StashCP Go implementation is ongoing.
- Planning to upgrade XCache redirectors to XRootD 5 and change the config to require cache<->redirector commuication to use TLS. This will break XRootD 4 caches; almost all caches have been moved to XRootD 5, except for ItalianGrid. Edgar will get in touch with them.