OSG Technology Area Meeting, 23 March 2021¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Marco, Marian, Mat, TimT
- Kubernetes Hackathon today 1-5pm
- TimT OOO starting Mar 26, returning Apr 6
- This week: TimT
- Next week: Mat
- 11 (+4) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|12||-2||Selected for Dev|
|39||+9||Ready for Testing|
|1||+0||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- AI (Carl, with help from Mat): Enable networking in Koji builds
- Kubernetes Hackathon
- AI (Mat): put together Hosted CE submitting to the CHTC Slurm cluster
- AI (Carl): create koji builder pod in production namespace
- AI (BrianL): deploy ITB central collector
- The new version of HTCondor-CE 5 should be pulled from testing due to bugs found.
- AI (Marco): Add check to frontend to make sure the VOMS signing certificate is valid.
- SDSC Expanse (BrianL): Released production tarballs are broken for the OSG case but there is a workaround for Hosted CEs
- Marian: Public links to Freshdesk tickets don't work for some people; the workaround for them is to use incognito mode. Freshdesk refuses to fix the issue so for now we have to remind people to use incognito mode.
- Purdue records (Derek, Carl): Gratia probe seemed to be sending records for local usage, not just OSG. Carl will investigate and provide a software fix.
- LBL (Carl): Continuing to help with Squid registration; some of their Squids are internal and should not be registered.
- OSG Status page: Moving synchronization to Tiger, merged.
- XRootD accounting information (from Frank):
- May need help with automating the process of generating these reports. A month only takes a few minutes. Longer periods take much longer.
- Table of working set, read, and re-read for monthly, quarterly, and year.
- PATh metrics: Waittime has gone through a few iterations. Pull request ready for review: https://github.com/path-cc/metric-tools/pull/22
- gracc-status RPM can be dropped from OSG devops repo, but gracc-archive RPM should be kept.
OSG Release Team¶
|12||+0||Selected for Development|
|14||+0||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- gratia-probe 1.23.2
- osg-ce 3.5-6
- osg-scitokens-mapfile 1
- cmvfs-gateway 1.2.0
- HTCondor-CE 4.5.0
- vault 1.6.2
- htvault-config 0.5
- Upcoming: HTCondor-CE 5.0.0
- Upcoming: XCache 2.0.0
- Ready for Release
- Ready for Testing
None this week