OSG Technology Area Meeting, 30 March 2021¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: BrianL, Carl, Derek, Jason Patton, Marco, Marian, Mat
- IRIS-HEP full team retreat Apr 27-30 canceled
- TimT OOO, returning Apr 6
- This week: Mat
- Next week: BrianL (?)
- 7 (-4) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
Jira (as of Monday)¶
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|15||+3||Selected for Dev|
|29||-10||Ready for Testing|
|9||+8||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- OSG 3.5.33/3.6
xrootd-multiuseris broken for XRootD 5. Should we delay the release?
osg-xrootdneeds to be updated to fix its use of
- Anything else we should document in the update notes?
- AI (Carl): Rebuild condor RPM
- AI (Mat): Add multiple config directories to HTCondor packaging
- AI (Carl, with help from Mat): Enable networking in Koji builds
- AI (Mat): Finish adding CVMFS to the OSG backfill container
- kojibuilder2 (new K8s builder in the production namespace) not reporting to the koji hub.
- 3.7.3 release candidate is in testing.
- New 3.9 release needed to fix the following bugs: https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/issues/25620, https://cdcvs.fnal.gov/redmine/issues/25619 String encoding issue at glideFactoryLib.py, Update LDAP module for Python 3, both affect only AWS submission, not regular grid submission.
- Chameleon Cloud (BrianL): investigating an issue where the OSG validation script is failing so the container isn't running jobs
- Purdue (Carl, Derek): Derek successfully removed the errant local records for Purdue; Carl will ask Purdue to re-run the custom Gratia probe he provided to them.
- AMNH (Derek): Assisting them with SLURM configuration. Might be worthwhile to write a 'recommended SLURM configuration' document, even if it's not widely publicized.
- OzSTAR (Marian): Assisting them with stash cache setup.
- XRootD accounting information (from Frank):
- May need help with automating the process of generating these reports. A month only takes a few minutes. Longer periods take much longer.
- Table of working set, read, and re-read for monthly, quarterly, and year.
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
- Need to send ready for testing email today
- Aiming to release XRootD 5 this week, at least in 3.5 upcoming
None this week