OSG Technology Area Meeting, 7 December 2020¶
Coordinates: Conference: +1-415-655-0002, PIN: 146 266 9392, https://morgridge.webex.com/webappng/sites/morgridge/meeting/info/791d9dddc5464eb6a73fc7746331d06c (password sent separately)
Attending: BrianB, BrianL, Junheng, Marco Mambelli, Mat, TimT
- This week: Tim
- Next week: BrianL (?)
- 10 (+3) open FreshDesk tickets
- 0 (+0) open GGUS ticket
|# of tickets||Δ||State|
|12||-1||Selected for Dev|
|22||+6||Ready for Testing|
|7||+7||Ready for Release|
OSG Software Team¶
- EL8 builds appear to automatically add package requirements for shebang lines. Beware
- Tech area plates: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=19
- Marco: GWMS 3.7.2 released, includes bugfixes for IDTOKEN support; in upcoming-testing.AI (Mat): Submit bug report for XRootD 5.1.0rc1 problem detected in VMU tests.
- AI (Mat): Mail GridCF list about Travis CI's policy changes.
- AI (Mat): Ask Marco Mascheroni if he's happy with the new Pilot sections for OSG Configure.
- AI (Mat): Continue work on OSG flocking negotiator.
- AI (BrianL): Investigate webapp frameworks and EL 8 compatibility for HTCondor CE View.
- AI (Junheng): Investigate registry logout error.
- AI (TimT): Add PowerPC support to EPEL HTCondor packages.
- VPN access now required to log in to Fermicloud head node (fcluigpvm01.fnal.gov).
2FA required to access Fermi VPN.
Steve Timm's suggested solution is to create a (persistent) VM for creating other VMs if that's not possible.
Marco will send instructions on how to get access to Fermi VPN.
- IceCube (Mat, Derek): Stash Origin now appears to work after creating dummy SciTokens information in Topology.
UCL stash origin needed the same fix but needs additional debugging; Derek is providing assistance.
- JLab (BrianL): blahp status queries time out trying to populate the Slurm job status cache.
Opened a ticket with the the HTCondor team: https://opensciencegrid.atlassian.net/browse/HTCONDOR-104
OSG Investigations Team¶
None this week
OSG Release Team¶
|2||-1||Selected for Development|
|9||+4||Ready for Testing|
|0||+0||Ready for Release|
- Ready for Testing
- HTCondor 8.8.12
- Upcoming: HTCondor 8.9.10
- hosted-ce-tools 0.9
- htgettoken 1.0
- XRootD 4.12.5
- EL8: bunch of stuff (still waiting for HTCondor-CE)
- Ready for Release
- Nothing yet
- Ready for Testing
- AI(TimT): promote osg-build to devops
- Release expected this week
- Waiting for Dave Mason to get people to test XRootD 4.